Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My first post!! Ham roll ups with a cheesy cream sauce.

The other day I was inspired and this is what it amounted to.
Ham roll ups with a Cheesy cream sauce.

You will need:

10-12 large slices of Lunch meat (I obviously used ham but you could use something else.)
I pkg risotto
2 cups steamed veggies (chopped)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup cheddar or colby jack cheese
salt and pepper
oil
water

Make the risotto according to the package directions (that's why I put the oil and water at the bottom of the ingredients.) While risotto is cooking steam the chopped veggies. Place the ham in a microwave safe container and fill it with water just to cover the ham. Cook for 2-4 minutes to just heat up the ham. While the ham is cooking melt the butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add flour, garlic, and onion and mix till a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the milk, making sure there are no lumps, and turn heat to high. Stirring continually, bring to a boil and let it boil for about a minute. Turn heat to low and add half of the parmesan and all of the cheddar till melted. Mix finished risotto with chopped veggies and the rest of the parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon 1/4 -1/3 cup of mixture on to ham slices and roll up.Place ham slices on a plate and pour cream sauce on top. Viola! You are done! Now I just put an idea of how much of each spice and cheese you would use. If you want it more flavorful add more. Just make sure you always start out with just a little bit and keep tasting.

5 comments:

  1. First!

    Great starting post! Best of luck with the rest of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Mary you are a pro the food sounds delish and the pictures are incredible. I am so proud of you.YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! and I thought all you could do was roll pretzels LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks insanely yummy! I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool- i like the blue bowl picture you used in your header. now... where can I find out who thought up that fantastic title? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Mary! I finally dropped by your new blog, and thought I'd say hello. Can't wait to see all the recipes you'll share....

    ReplyDelete