Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Salsa chicken

A year or so ago my mom called me because she had made this really yummy chicken with Salsa. She gave me the recipe and it was easy and I liked it but I really haven't made it since. Yesterday after a day of laundry and house cleaning I just wanted something quick and easy and I saw the Jar of salsa on my "pantry" shelf. I was running out of juice in my phone and I lost the charger so I decided not to call mom to get the recipe that I misplaced. So I just threw this together and it turned out amazing!!! But I didn't get any pictures because I can't find my camera (Is it just me or are you seeing a pattern here? I need to start putting beepers on everything so I can find things when I need them.) So, sorry about the pics but I know you will love this! =)

Salsa chicken

You will need:

1 jar of your favorite salsa (I used the mild chunky store brand.)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp of garlic
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, because they are cheaper. )
rice
water

Turn on your oven to 350 degrees f. Grease a medium cookie sheet and place chicken breasts on top. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix salsa, brown sugar, worchestershire, and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken breasts and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. (If you forgot to thaw the chicken just use the frozen chicken and cook 40 minutes.) While the chicken is cooking make however much rice you think you will need. I have a family of 5 and I make 2 cups of jasmine rice because it makes 5 cups. Most rice will make 1 1/2 cups for every cup of dry rice. I don't know why the jasmine rice is different. Serve the chicken over the rice with veggies and enjoy! (My family practically licked the pan!)

1 comment: