Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pork Chops and Rice

Sorry about last week. My husband had some tests to get done and I traveled with him to the other side of the state to visit a friend. Two more things, I lost the piece to my camera that lets me download pictures and the saturday thing is just not working for me (as you may have noticed =) so maybe I will just do a random saturday post about sweets.

I think I am going through phases. Last time was a veggie phase and now it's rice. This one is such a good one though that I have to share it with you.

Pork chops and rice

You will need:

4 pork chops
2 cups of rice
1 chicken bullion cube (or granulated equivalent)
water
seasonings of choice (i.e. Garlic, onion, Season all, etc...)


Turn large skillet on medium high heat. Season pork chops on both sides. (I used garlic pwd, onion pwd, season all, salt and pepper) Brown pork chops on both sides and set aside. In the same pan, place rice and water (according to package directions MINUS 1/2 c water. The juices from the pork chops will make up the difference and if you don't do this you will have really watery rice.) Bring to a boil, place pork chops on top of rice and cook rice according to package. Usually around 20 minutes on low with a lid on. That's it. So yummy! If you would rather use chicken you can do this and add a can of cream of mushroom soup on top and it's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment