Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chicken and Rice


I love the rice and vermicelli mixes you get from the store. I used to make them all the time with chicken and pork chops but lately I haven't been buying them. When I was at the store last week I saw them and bought some. I was trying to think of what to make for dinner and I decided on chicken and rice. I really didn't want to dirty too many dishes so I threw everything together. I was surprised how quick and easy it made everything.

Chicken and Rice

You will need:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts Chopped into small pieces
1 box of rice and vermicelli
2 cups of chopped veggies ( I used peas)
2 Tbsp of butter
3 cups of water (I went by the package)

In medium saucepan, lightly brown rice and vermicelli in butter according to package directions. Add water, chicken, and spice pack and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add veggies, and simmer according to the package. That's it! So basically you are just adding the chicken and veggies and following the box. It was so easy! The chicken and veggies taste so good from all the spices for the rice.

Note: If you are using chicken that has absolutely no fat on it you might want to add a little more water. Also you can do this in the microwave if you don't want to dirty a pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment