Friday, February 5, 2010

Company Beef Casserole

Ok kids. So I have been really naughty the last couple of weeks and haven't posted. I was in a car accident at the beginning of the week but that still doesn't make up for the other weeks. So in order to discipline myself I am going to post 3 days a week. I will post on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Tuesday and Thursday will be Dinners and Saturday will be Desserts (Yay for the whopping 3 of you that voted! =) . Well see how well this works and then go from there. Since I have been such a slacker though I will post today and tomorrow. So here goes:

Company Beef Casserole

Now this is one of my very favorite dishes. My mom used to make it a lot when I was a kid and it was one of my favorites. The noodles and cheese and tomato sauce. YUM!!! I actually remember requesting it for my birthday on many occasions. I have heard of some people calling it "poverty meal" but I think Company beef casserole is a little less depressing so I will stick with that.

You will need:

1 lb lean ground beef (Sorry veggie friends =( but there is always boca ground beef =)
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 -1 tsp seasoned salt ( I use season all)
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp worcestershire
2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
cooking spray

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, spray cooking spray evenly over a medium skillet. On medium heat, saute onion in skillet and add ground beef. Season with season all, garlic, and pepper. Drain noodles and add to meat. Drain one can of tomatoes and add both cans to noodle mix. Add 1 c of cheese, worchestershire and salt, mix well and place in large casserole dish or 9x13 cake pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or till the juices bubble on the sides.

1 comment: