Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quick Chicken Salad

So I am not the best at giving my family fresh veggies all the time, and since it's still "winter" I am even worse. Frozen veggies are cheaper and don't get shoved to somewhere in the back of my fridge to only be found a week later growing the early stages of penicillin. But on payday when I buy groceries I always pick up stuff for a huge salad and make one up for my family. I add chicken and anything that sounds good and I feel better about my families lack of fresh vegetables for a while. I usually just grill the chicken by marinating it in italian dressing but it didn't have any. I made this up on the spot and it was delish!

Quick Chicken Salad

You will need:

4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1/4 c of balsamic vinegar
1/4 c of oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bag of your favorite salad mix or 1/2 medium head of lettuce (chopped)
Your favorite veggies chopped up ( I used avocado, carrots, cherry tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, & alfalfa sprouts)
1/4 c of shredded cheese (optional)
Salad dressing

Turn oven on broil. Chop chicken into small pieces. Mix vinegar, oil, salt, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl add chicken and stir until completely coated. Place chicken on a greased cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes on each side. Watch your chicken really closely and pull it out if it starts to brown. While your chicken is cooking chop up your veggies and arrange your salad. Note: Most grocery stores now sell pre-chopped veggies. They might cost you a little more but save you time. When the chicken is done throw it on your salad and enjoy! I used ranch dressing on mine and it was fabulous! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment